Who we are?
If you want to change the way the world works, transform the automotive industry and positively impact others on a global scale, then Toyota Connected is the right place for you! Within our collaborative, fast-paced environment we focus on continual improvement and work in a highly iterative way to deliver exceptional value in the form of connected products and services that wow and delight our customers and the world around us.
What are we looking for?
A data engineer with AWS Cloud infrastructure experience to join our Big Data Operations team. This role will provide advanced operations support, contribute to automation and system improvements, and work directly with enterprise customers to provide excellent customer service.
- Must have a very good hands-on technical experience of 3+ years with JAVA or Python
- Working experience and good understanding of AWS Cloud; Advanced experience with IAM policy and role management
- Infrastructure Operations: 5+ years supporting systems infrastructure operations, upgrades, deployments using Terraform, and monitoring
- Hadoop: Experience with Hadoop (Hive, Spark, Sqoop) and / or AWS EMR
- Knowledge on PostgreSQL/MySQL/Dynamo DB backend operations
- DevOps: Experience with DevOps automation – Orchestration/Configuration Management and CI/CD tools (Jenkins)
- Version Control: Working experience with one or more version control platforms like GitHub or GitLab
- Knowledge on AWS Quick sight reporting
- Monitoring: Hands on experience with monitoring tools such as AWS CloudWatch, AWS CloudTrail, Datadog and Elastic Search
- Networking: Working knowledge of TCP/IP networking, SMTP, HTTP, load-balancers (ELB) and high availability architecture
- Security: Experience implementing role-based security, including AD integration, security policies, and auditing in a Linux/Hadoop/AWS environment. Familiar with penetration testing and scan tools for remediation of security vulnerabilities.
Demonstrated successful experience learning new technologies quickly
What will be the roles and responsibilities?
- Create procedures/run books for operational and security aspects of AWS platform
- Improve AWS infrastructure by developing and enhancing automation methods
- Provide advanced business and engineering support services to end users
- Lead other admins and platform engineers through design and implementation decisions to achieve balance between strategic design and tactical needs
- Research and deploy new tools and frameworks to build a sustainable big data platform
- Assist with creating programs for training and onboarding for new end users
- Lead Agile/Kanban workflows and team process work
- Troubleshoot issues to resolve problems
- Provide status updates to Operations product owner and stakeholders
- Track all details in the issue tracking system (JIRA)
- Provide issue review and triage problems for new service/support requests
- Use DevOps automation tools, including Jenkins build jobs
- Fulfil any ad-hoc data or report request queries from different functional groups